CORSMART® Resin & Activator is a two component epoxy liquid mainly used to protect industrial structures, equipments from corrosion by acting as barrier.
Our Resin & Activator can be used in combination with composite repair products such as QUIKCONTROL’s Chopped Strand Mat and Carbon Fiber Repair Tape to enhance reinforcement.
This product can be tailor-made to suit specific corrosion protection requirements. Most common uses are coating, structural applications, hot and cold box-up.
- High anti-corrosion factor & compressive strength
- Cures at room temperature
- Excellent bonding to all rigid substrates
- Bonds to: steel, copper, FRP/GRE, polyethylene, PVC and other materials
|PRODUCT CODE||PRODUCT||IMPA CODE|
|Tensile Strength||24,500 psi|
|Flexural Strength||42,000 psi|
|Compressive Strength||35,000 psi|
|Resin Viscosity||17,800 Cps
|Activator Viscosity||30 Cps|
|Hardness||82 Shore D|
|Application Temp||0 °C to 80 °C|
|Service Temp||-50 °C to 120 °C|
|Pot Life||20 mins @ 23 °C - 25 °C|
|Coverage per 500 grams||0.44 m²|
HOW TO APPLY
- Sand off existing rusted area
- Pour activator into resin
- Stir the contents thoroughly for at least 3 minutes
- Apply 2 layers each for best corrosion isolation
Note: Mixing to be done only after surface preparation as the mixed product cures up fast